Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pictures Tell The Best Stories

Well my mother & I just got back from a two week trip to Edmonton, we went there for the SAM annual banquet & my cousin Bernice's wedding. These two events were a week apart which is why we were there so long but we made good use of our time and a great time it was. First of all no men came with us, my dad is in Mozambique helping out my sister and brother-in-law get their house built on their new mission property. Eric was under the gun to get the in- floor heating in his garage laid & the cement poured and Luke had to work. So mom and I drove all by ourselves to Edmonton and back but the real challenge was in navigating the streets of Edmonton itself. You see our husbands have always been the navigators while mom and I would sit with our nose in a book, oblivious to all, plus we both have a pretty bad sense of direction. So we bought ourselves a city map & with many hand drawn maps given to us by friends we actually got to everywhere we wanted and needed to go with only a few unplanned 'side trips'. We were quite proud of ourselves and were able to 'recover' (so to speak) from our 'side trips' without too much ado!

Our SAM computer tech & sound support guy took his job very seriously!!

But he also manged to have some with his sister
(my favorite niece, Amanda) & good friend Carey.


Mom doing what she does best, speaking about the Lord's work
at Mount Horeb in Brazil & moving people to tears. Me included!


Of course Sunday after church was family lunch time at theBeijing restaurant where Russell impressed us by eating jello with his chopsticks

Actually what you can't see here is that the jello didn't quite make it INTO the mouth.

Okay that was a practice run.............. I know what I did wrong & THIS time the jello will make INTO my mouth.

Yep!!! He did it!!

And of course we spent time with our good friend Ruth Martz who takes us in & makes us feel so at home when we're in Edmonton.

And of course spending time with one of my favorite girls was a top prioity.

And then there was the wedding, and a beautiful wedding it was.


Isn't she a beautiful bride?!



The groom's parents

P.S.
Hopefully I'll get the garage pictures up tomorrow :)






2 comments:

Lynn said...

I see you've had some real intelligent, sincere responses so far...! Apparently the lotto's want your readers :P. anyway, the photos and write up were like soul food to us way out here in the bush. Thank you!!! We'll be looking for more :D

ruth said...

Where was I?! Dumb me...a 15 hour car ride wouldn't have been THAT bad! Look at all the fun you had without me. Harumph. I'm feeling a little sorry for myself here if you hadn't noticed! Oh, and I'm sooo glad you blogged!! Love yaz.