Thursday, November 8, 2007

Forced Inactivity


O.k. I know I haven't blogged in a verrrry long time, even my sister has stopped trying to lay the guilt trip on me so what does that tell you? I could use the excuse that I was just too busy during the summer which wouldn't be a lie............ but then I thought well 'everyone is busy some even busier than I am & they still blog!' Unfortunately my conscience wouldn't allow me to use that one so for lack of a good excuse that I could feel comfortable with I've decided honesty is the best policy. Huh!! Who would've thought eh? I guess it's just because I've been downright lazy plus the fact that I've never been a writer, unlike my mom, sister, niece & nephew. They are very faithful with their blogging & I avidly look forward to their latest entries. I especially like it when they post pictures which my sister is so faithful with. Mind you when you lead the kind of exciting adrenaline filled adventurous life my sister & brother in law lead there is always lots to blog about along with exciting pictures to look at. Just go read her blog & you'll see what I mean!


I am currently off work recovering from surgery & have lots of time on my hands as I have strict orders from my 'doctors' (including my husband) to do NOTHING more strenous than a daily walk for at least 6 weeks. Mind you, now that Luke is no longer here serving as my mother's personal administrative assistant taking care of all the e-mailing, newsletter updates, child sponsor letters, thank you letters, brochure planning & designing, conference & church power point presentations, itinerary planner, computer tech, computer teacher (as well as chief dishwasher, grocery shopper,, window washer, lawn mower, house cleaner get my drift?) AND number one 'go fer' I have a sneaking suspicion that my mother is cooking up ways to keep me busy :/


I am finding this inactivity a little trying as I feel like I'm off work & have all this free & it's the perfect opportunity to get alot things done that I've been wanting to do the house & yard. I have a 'to do' list at least a mile long........... seriously, just ask my husband! But here I sit playing on my computer, reading books, going to movies, spending quality time with my dogs, having coffee with my friends. Life is tough sometimes, what can I say? I just have to do my best & remind myself that I have been contributing to society for a good number of years already so 'don't feel guilty Pat'.

My very special niece Amanda who came to visit us this summer


Good times, good food, good conversations, lots of laughter at Ruth &
Royden's in Seattle

The inlaws & the outlaws you can guess which is which :)

A very special father in law

Ruth is so lucky not only to have one great dad but to have two great dads!!

And last but certainly not least............who said grandma doesn't like dogs!!!!

8 comments:

Luke said...

No way.... I mean,
Mom's picture is the best! EVER!!! haha.

Amanda said...

Yay! An update!
Did you...really have to post that horrible table picture? The one where I look all roley poley.. Like could you not resist??
haha...
Well I might get better about posting pictures on my blog because I'm likely going to be buying a new camera soon!! Yay!!
Miss you <3

Anonymous said...

I loved your blog post! I'll read it again and again (haha, unless you blog again soon :)). That first picture of the 3 of you...cute trio. The cutie in the middle could almost fit into your family, but she's mine! I'm far away, so figure I better remind everyone :P Loved all the other photos too. The one of mom and the dogs is priceless...and rare. Love you lots! Keep up the good work bloggin'.

Luke said...

Come on... Update time!!! =)
Love you.

Luke said...

Updates... Updates....
That's what we are waiting for... :)
We wait for an update...
can't wait to see you big sister.
Love you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the blog owner. What a blog! nice idea.

Anonymous said...

i'm also into those things. care to give some advice?

Anonymous said...

Katon, Goukakyu no jutsu.