Saturday, June 23, 2007

Building Walls

Well things have been happening around our house, actually outside our house I should say. Eric & our neighbour got together bought some (a lot of) Alan Blocks & made a beautiful retaining wall. It took quite a few long grueling days but doesn't it look pretty? There was a lot of prep work before hand to ensure that the wall wouldn't come crashing down some day. Each block weighs 80 lbs, the house to the left is our neighbours as you can see his backyard is coming along nicely. One day our back yard might look like that :) The next phase is to build another retaining wall between our back yard & Eric's shop. This is what that area looks now ummmm...... not so pretty huh?





Of course all of the 'going's on's' around our place are very closely scrutinized, it's all oh so interesting & we'll spend all day on the deck making sure that everything looks good.




On Wednesday while the guys were working on the wall I got out the lawnmower & mowed the lawn then pulled a bunch of weeds that were growing through the fence around the dog run. We've also had these boulders sitting in our front yard, that Eric & I hauled off of Mt. Ida, for two years now. Eric finally rigged up some contraption with a winch & cables & arranged them nicely so I decided to pretty them up!! I dug & raked & moved rocks (the smaller ones of course) & planted & placed decorative accents (old boot etc) which I moved around & around & around until they were exactly how I waned them. By the end of the day I had a sunburn & was very tired. Surprisingly enough my neck & shoulders didn't bother me at all, when I think I'm going to get them fired up it doesn't happen & when I don't think they're going to get fired up............ guess what!!

4 comments:

Luke said...

Pat!!! Your blog looks wonderful!!!... :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric & Pat,

Love the wall!! It looks amazing. Your plants at the rocks look great too Pat.

Hey Eric, saw your picture in the paper.

Gayle

Lynn said...

This is sure fun! I can keep up with my WHOLE family on blogspot! I like how your yard looks. Good work guys. Glad you didn't suffer the consequences too. Love you!

Lynn

Nat Zook said...

WOW you got some hecka nice dogs!
Peace!